Wednesday, September 11, 2013

New Kiddo at Jen's OT For Kids!

Well, my last posting was on July 18th and just a few days after that, there was some really big news at our household.  I'm proud to announce that my son Liam Matthew was born July 26th!  Let me explain that to call this sweet baby a surprise would be a bit of an understatement....my other son is 15 and my daughter is 16 1/2!  There were no obvious signs of this pregnancy until my pants weren't fitting (thought I was gaining weight now that I'm in my 40's!) and I did not find out I was pregnant until I was 17 weeks along.  CRAZY!  Thankfully I live a healthy lifestyle, don't drink or smoke, I exercise daily and take a multi-vitamin, however I was 42 years old when I found out and a bit nervous.  My other children arrived at 35 and 36 weeks, so wouldn't ya know this little guy ALSO came at 36 weeks and was even born on his big brother's birthday! He is a sweet little soul and we are grateful for his good health.  This has been just a bit of an adjustment at this house but it's all good!  Liam is giving me all kinds of ideas for new postings as I start all over on the child development train~~oh, this poor child of a therapist who is always being observed on a developmental checklist by his dear ol' mom.  None the less, you're bound to see more pics of him as he gets to be the model of fine motor activities, but here is the first glimpse.  Pretty cute, huh? We sure think so!

Jen Dermody, OTR/L (aka, MOM!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. I can not imagine having a new baby at this stage (my oldest is almost 16 years). Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete